Baba Ghanoush 05/31/2017
Yield Makes 10 servings
• 2 to 3 medium eggplants (about 3 pounds total)
• 1 medium White onion, finley diced
• 2-3 Cups extra virgin olive oil
• 4 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
• 1/2 cup tahini
• ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
• 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
• Juice of 2 lemons and their zest (about 1/2 cup)
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place a cast iron roasting pan inside to preheat. Rub the outside of the eggplants with olive oil and place them directly over the open flames of the range to char the skin. in a roasting plan. Place the charred eggplants in the pre heated pan in the oven and roast the eggplant until the interior is tender, 15 minutes. Let cool.
2. Peel and seed the cooled eggplant, roughly chop the flesh, and then transfer it to the bowl of a food processor.
3. Into the processor bowl add the tahini, peanut butter, onion, garlic, lemon juice, some salt and pepper to taste, and a few teaspoons of cold water. Process the mixture to a coarse paste, adding a bit more water as needed to allow the mixture to blend. Incorporate the olive and sesame oils.
4. 4. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste and serve.